Kurosagi (Movie)


Cast:
Yamashita Tomohisa as Kurosaki (Kurosagi)
Horikita Maki as Yoshikawa Tsurara
Ichikawa Yui as Mishima Yukari
Kato Koji as Shiraishi Yoichi
Yamazaki Tsutomu as Katsuragi Toshio
Okunuki Kaoru as Hayasa
...

Genre:
Action, Crime investigation, Crooks, JDrama

Summary:
I LOVE the drama, so I was practically stalking crunchyroll, waiting for this to appear. Luckily enough, I was able to catch it two hours after it was uploaded (Reaaaly bad quality though T_T) and thus, was able to watch it before they took it off again, since am pretty sure it was licensed.

This is rather like just another, extra long episode of Kurosagi, the drama. There is another Shirosagi, one who uses promissory notes and declaring bankruptcy to swindle people. On one such case he swindled money from a woman, who has a young daughter who needs money for her heart surgery. Kurosaki contacts her and promises to swindle the money back. But this time there is a deadline suddenly as the money for the transplant has to be paid before a certain time.

The Shirosagi's name is Ishigaki, and he was behind some huge operation which greatly effected the Japanese economy some years back. And he was also connected with making Kurosaki's father bankrupt (therefore destroying his life) So yes, I suppose he is a larger scale Shirosagi then the others, a bigger fish, so to speak.

And there are other trials and realities Kurosaki must face of being a Kurosagi as well, but, more importantly...

Review:
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER FOR KUROSAKI???

There were basically, NO Tsurara/Kurosaki scenes. She could just have been a freakin extra! Well there was one, halfway good opportunity, but WITH NO MERITS. Damn, is it too much to hope for that the characters I adore live happily ever after? IS IT??? *calms down when she realizes she is sounding a bit too deranged*

The movie seems to center on Shakespearean tragedies. Macbeth, Othello and Julius Caesar seem to play a pretty dominant theme in this movie. So I can't help but wonder, is this perhaps some sort of premonition? That Kurosagi is also going to fall like Macbeth? Is he also going to be a once a hero, doomed to a tragic fate? It is very troubling. ~_~
Or maybe I'm just thinking too much.

For the first half of the movie I couldn't decide whether the movie was good or not. It did not make sense much, but it was really successful in bringing out moods, if in a bit of a haphazard way. But as it progressed, it made more and more sense and I was drawn completely into it and then at the perfect moment, everything fell into place. (Brilliantly ^_^)



Spoilers!



Although there was one thing which did not make sense however, that was how the atmosphere and everything was so damn convenient. {When shall we meet again? in thunder lightning or in rain? -__-'} And why were the sets and props for Julius Caesar left out in the rain? And HOW on earth did Katsuragi conveniently find himself in a coffin so Kurosaki could get a chance at threatening him with a katana in the rain (which was SO kool and made my heart pound. I mean, Yamapi, in the rain, in black, with that red scarf thing, with a KATANA. What more could my craving fangirl soul want? *floats away~~*)
Ahem. Anyway.

I loved the bit where Kurosaki had the katana pointed towards Katsuragi in the bar and there was this really intense atmosphere where I didn't even dare breath, thinking it was finally the confrontation between them, and then when Hayasa came, they went all, 'awww, you ruined the mood.' And then Kurosaki swiped the sword around and cut the shopping bag in half as he thought the sword was a fake. His expression when he realized it wasnt...

The main point of this drama is I guess, Kurosaki having to face the fact, that because of his actions as Kurosagi, other people are being affected. This fact is driven home when a person who was not his target gets killed because of a fluke. It was heartbreaking when he realized it. I really like how that aspect went on in the drama, although it was very touching, it was perfect. Because at first he was devastated but, he did not give up, he moved forward, with the determination he would NOT let it happen in future. He did not give up swindling either, and you have to admit, no matter how much you want him and Tsurara to live happily ever after together, that proves how strong his character is.

There was a nice bit of development on Katsuragi's background. Romantic too, suprisingly. Geez... I don't know what to feel about that old man, he is supposed to be easily despicable, but refuses to co-operate. -__-' I can't begin to imagine how Kurosaki feels, if me who is just watching this feels this confused.

Basically I loved this, although it frustrated me to no end. I adored how Kurosaki carried everything out so smoothly and coolly. Specially the part where he picked up the phone when Ishigaki called, and he was in the SAME room, and calmly pretended to be someone else. And about how he arranged everything with impeccable timing and planing. I don't know if it would have been possible in real life or not, but watching it (and Yamapi ^////^) made me believe it was possible, so for that, the movie gets a glowing recommendation from me.


It's definitely a must watch, (even if it frustrates you to no end due to the non conclusive way it is)

Music: Taiyou no Namida (Tears of the sun) by NEWS

Rating: 9/10 (I would have given the drama a 10, unlike Fably, but no matter how much I love the drama this is a 9)

Quotes:
It's okay if you run away, as long as you run as fast as you can.
~Kurosaki
***
Everything, it's just another notch as the clock keeps ticking
You only arrive at the final second when you give up
Life's a walking shadow
~Katsuragi
***
If, like Shakespeare said, "Life's but a walking shadow,"
until I die, I'll be a shadow.
Until I devour all the Shirosagi in this world, I won't let the curtain fall.

My name... is Kurosagi

I am a walking shadow.
~Kurosaki
***
More Quotes?

***

Note: I am looking forward to the next Kurosagi Movie, there SHOULD be one.
I'll place all my hopes that Kurosagi and Tsurara marry and get a specified number of kids whom they name after... umm... I donno, old man Katsuragi or something. Hey, maybe J.K.Rowling was on to some thing after all with the super annoying last chapter, sometimes you NEED to be told and reassured.
I understand now... *nods*

2 comments:

Laora June 3, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

*SOBS* I couldn't watch the ending. I had to leave suddenly, and when I came the other day... it ceased to exist.

But I wasn't that disappointed. That I didn't see the end, I mean.

IT WAS SO DISAPPOINTING. THE MOVIE. Well, considering the Tsurara/Kurosaki parts. That BAKA. When I first found out abt the scene (I spoiled myself) and knew that nothing had happened, I was like, Dammit, you're not gonna lose anything, just kiss her(It's not like you didn't do all that with that Ukranian model anyway. And you don't even like her)!!!

Not considering the lack of Tsurara/Kurosaki... *giggle* he's so cute!!! And I loved the way he got the money for the girl. I mean, thank God he did. It was a bit like Prison Break, wasn't it? Everything going according to his plan. It was cool. The lift scene was scary!! I was like, NOOOO!!!! DAMN the detective with the sppoky laugh. *Shudders* How DOES that actor make that hideous sound anyway? It's worse than my nightmare the other night. OK, maybe the nightmare was worse... but still.

And I agree with you with the sword scenes!!! ^-^ (Although I dunno how the old man got himself into a coffin either...) Pi was hottest there, wasn't he? With his hair wet...

("WET" ROFL TAIYOU NO NAMIDA PARODY)

And the first scene was cool too, the sword scene where the woman stops them. That was... intense.

WE DEMAND MORE TSURARA/KUROSAKI!!!

And I heard abt the ending, apparently Kurosaki goes after the other guy... so that means there IS another movie. (Or better, a second drama!!!) Definitely.

One of my favourite bits of the movie was when Daite Senorita started to play suddenly, as he was walking out of the church. It felt RIGHT, just then.

And it's true, what the other swindler said. Even if the guy's bad, if he's near you, your heart softens for him and you're unable to harm him. It IS humanity.

GO YAMAPI!!!

Laora June 3, 2008 at 8:36 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment