1 Litre of Tears

1 Liitoru no Namida
Cast:
Sawajiri Erika as Ikeuchi Aya
Yakushimaru Hiroko as Ikeuchi Shioka
Nishikido Ryo as Asou Haruto
Jinnai Takanori as Ikeuchi Mizuo
Narumi Riko as Ikeuchi Ako
Fujiki Naohito as Mizuno Hiroshi

Genre: Illness, Life, Romance, Family, Not giving up, JDrama

Episodes: 11 + 1 Litre of Tears Special

Summary: This is based on a true story, and the diary kept by the girl. Aya is a cheerful 15 year old, she is the eldest daughter of a family with four children, and is loved by everyone. She is good at studies, and in the basketball team, and is pretty and has a lot of friends. Her perfectly happy life is disrupted when it is discovered that she has spinocerebellar ataxia which is an incurable disease, which slowly deteriorates the amount of activity the body can do, one by one, until the patient has to depend entirely on others.

This drama shows how brave she is, despite being so scared and it also shows how the people around her, specially her family and Asou Haruto, deals with it all and supports her.

Review: I can't write much about this, since even thinking about it is making me extremely sad. (Although I waited nearly a day without writing this, and dosed myself with happy songs) This IS incredibly sad, but I would say its also very inspiring. She is so brave, despite everything, despite not being able to do all the things she wants to do so much, she is still brave and so sweet and so positive about everything. She tries her best, really, and this drama makes you really think about living and appreciating all the little things we can do, because I don't think that we fully appreciate the simplest of things. Like being able to walk, or write, or talk even.

Spoilers


I LOVED Ryo-chan's character in this. He was so supportive and loving and stubborn and awkward and protective of her. And he didn't treat her any differently when she got sick either. It didn't matter to him because he still loved her. *goes teary eyed again* Every single time he cried, it didn't simply break my heart, it teared it apart, painfully. Specially when Aya wrote him the letter saying she couldn't be with him anymore, because it was too painful... *starts crying again*

This was sad from the beginning, very sad, words fail me. It was more heart wrenching towards the end, when she cant do anything, and when she cried after she wrote the letter, it was just too much. Even tears felt like they weren't enough. (I don't know if that makes much sense ~_~)

Mmm... I'll focus more on the happy things now. Try to.

Aya's father was so funny with Asou-kun. Heheh it was so cute when Asou was invited to her house for dinner and he was hesitant and the reason was her dad would be there. Her dad was really funny with Aya's sister too. They fought really adorably. And it was so admirable that the entire family worked together and tried to be positive through it all. Even Rika, the littlest sister, who was utterly glompably adorable.

All the interactions between Aya and Asou-kun were so adorable too. Specially the part where he confesses to her, and the parts where he teases her like to cheer her up like the time she broke up with her sempai. And the time they spent in the biology lab.

Their interactions were incredibly touching too, like the part where he defended her in the class, and then realized that she had come back and had heard everything the class had said as well, and then he runs after her and carries her downstairs, and how he says he is pathetic for not being able to help, and Aya says that he does help her, and then they cry... *starts getting teary eyed again*

I think I'll stop talking about it now. This review will probably not do the Drama justice, because, frankly, I am too sad for my brain to work properly when I think about this drama. So, I suggest you watch it yourself.
You won't regret it.
I think instead of avoiding this drama since you know its going to be sad (it IS), you should watch it, because it really is inspirational. Although, there are a lot of sad and crying scenes in it, and you end up crying more then the entire cast of the drama put together.

Music:
Only Human by K (Ending theme)
Konayuki by Remioromen
Sangatsu Kokonoka by Remioromen
(love these songs... T_T)

Rating: 10/10

Quotes:
Although I'm seeing the same view as yesterday,
although I am walking the same path as yesterday,
my world has changed.
~Ikeuchi Aya
***
Why did this disease choose me? I cannot accept it if its just "fate."
~Ikeuchi Aya
***
I no longer say that I want to go back to those days.
I will acknowledge who I am now and live on.
~Ikeuchi Aya
***
Can I say what I feel now?
I don't know what will happen in the future...
but I can say, with 100 percent certainty, that what I am feeling now is not a lie.

I..
If your speaking, no matter how slow... I will listen to you.
If you are unable to talk on the phone... I will come directly to see you.
I'm not a dolphin, and your not a dolphin either.
If your walking, no matter how slow... I will walk with you.

I may not be useful now...
but one day I want to be of help to you.
Even though it wont be like old times, our feelings are connected,
so I don't think we live in different worlds.

I... towards you... love.
Maybe.
*gives her an embarrassed smile and then looks away*
I may be in love.
Probably.
~Asou Haruto to Ikeuchi Aya
***
More Quotes?

***

Note: Ryo is sooo hot. ^///^
And apparently the guy who plays the Kawamoto-sempai whom Aya first has a crush on is L from Deathnote.

You can watch this HERE (crunchyroll ^_^)

6 comments:

Laora July 1, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

She watched it.

*Gives you a pet on the head*

Do I dare watch it... well, I know the whole drama now, what happens and everything... but I suppose... I must watch it.

I always knew I would, anyway.

Fabler July 1, 2008 at 6:26 PM  

I WONT READ IT!! I DEFINITELY WONT read this!!

Wow, you actually watched this huh... and gave it a NINE! (knew this 'cause I scrolled down at super speed and focused only on the rating part and blacked out the text from both sides)

lilac wraith July 4, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

i would have given it a ten, but i decided i will not forgive this for making me cry THAT MUCH. MY eyes were like dried out, and my throat hurt coz i felt all awful and you know tht feeling whn you cry a lot and its STILL NOT ENOUGH feeling. Hence, a nine *nods* (yeah i know my reasoning is cracked, wahtever ^_^)

YuAeKito July 5, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

Omg... great work! even I am scared to watch this... I started but broke down in the second episode!

I'll try to watch it when I'm in a better mental state *breathes in*

My first Jdorama had Erika Sawajiri... So I am a fan of her... but I really couldn't make myself watch this... not to mention I cried bucket loads during Taiyou no uta but it wasn't this sad...

will be brave and watch it soon.... soon...

lilac wraith July 14, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

I'll stop being a stubborn brat and change the rating coz well its not fair to this drama... but i STILL wont forgive it for making me cry that much....

Fabler July 14, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

Ugh, my face is all sticky... Yosh, 10/10.

Awesome drama, A walk to remember can take a hike.

Ok, I gotta watch something funny now. The drama itself wasn't depressing, not at all really. Its just oh so touching. The family made me cry with their warmheartedness and Asou...god, I love Ryo.

And Aya's so brave... I admire her SO much.

Post a Comment