Budou no Ki

Grapevine

Cast:
Yamashita Tomohisa as Shindou Yousuke
And three other people I do not know the name of (sorry)
*Edit* (got the names!)
Katagiri Kyoko as Matsushita Yuki
Katagiri Naoki as Nakamura Tooru
Sachi as Suenaga Haruka
Shindo Yosuke as a little kid - Nakajo Yui
Sachi as a little kid - Tsuchida Saaya
Toda Yasushi as Shofukutei Tsurubei

Genre: Family, Tragedy, Jdrama,

Summary: Naoki and Kyoko Katagiri is a married couple wanting to have children. They tried but failed and finally decided to adopt a child. But they ended up becoming foster parents instead. This movie tells the heartwarming story of the love between the foster parents and their foster children.

Review: Die hard fans of Yamapi should stay away from this, 'cause I honestly think you'll faint or do something equally pathetic. That is because he cries here. And yamapi crying... now that is the saddest thing ever. Hai.

But aside form Yamapi crying, there were all those touching moments between Yousuke and Kyoko. The soccer game they played together was just soo sweet. (though there were moments when I thought Kyoko was gonna accidentally step on the tiny kid ^-^)

Huge Spoiler!
Though really, why did he have to die???!!! Why Yousuke?! And the letter from him to his Mom was heart wrenching. Made me cry buckets! T_T And the barrette! The barrette incident was hugely touching too. *sighs* I just love this movie.


You guys should definitely watch this. I mean, I bet no one regretted watching 1 litre of tears. Well, this movie is similar to it to some extent. So yea, watch it. You'll learn something about love, trust, and all those other mushy stuff that makes the world a nice place for all of us.

Rating: 9½/10

Quotes:
All children have the right to be happy. No adult has the right to take away the light of hope in a child's eyes.

All humans have the power to love others. All humans have the power to be loved by others.

Yousuke: Um, hey mom...
Kyoko: What is it?
Yousuke: I'm sorry for breaking your hair clip, mom.
When I get big, I'll work hard and buy you a new one.
Kyoko: Yousuke...
Yousuke: I promise I'll buy you a new one, so wait for me to do so!

Note: Keep some tissues with you while watching this. I regretted not keeping some by my side since I was oh so confident in my ability not to cry. ¬_¬ So I had to make do with sleeves. And using sleeves is not hygienic.
Annd, Yamapi is choo kawaii in here~ ^o^

7 comments:

Laora November 22, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

Heyyy, how come I never heard of it before? I think I'll watch it.

PS. Is it just me who didn't recognise Pi from the pic?

Fabler November 23, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

Nah, he does look like a skinny Elvis from the pic..

Za November 23, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

'And three other people I do not know the name of (sorry)'?? lol.

And I told you he is skinny

Za November 23, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

Did you HAVE to write THAT part in the first part of the spoiler??

Fabler November 24, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

Did you HAVE to LOOK at the spoiler?! Why does these kinda people ignore the bold spoiler alert and just go ahead and read it? Its there for a friggin reason!! Man this pisses me off. First wraithy and now you. I really shouldn't even be getting mad though since I should expect nothing less.

*imagines shaking both of 'em until their brain rattles* Yosh! Now I'm fine~

lilac wraith November 24, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

you should KNOW by now i cannot resist sparkly do-not-click-this things like spoiler alerts!

It's SO no my fault. *sticks out tongue at Fably*

lilac wraith November 24, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

not*

Post a Comment